Bruxism is a disorder caused by clenching, grinding, gnashing, or squeezing your teeth together, often unconsciously. Repeated bouts of teeth grinding can wear down teeth, and even strip away the precious tooth enamel that protects them. For many individuals who suffer from bruxism, the disorder primarily affects them during sleep, which also gives rise to a host of other disorders, including sleep apnea. If you are unsure if you have bruxism, ask yourself if you have any of the following signs:
– Grinding or clenching your teeth loudly while you sleep could be a sign of bruxism.
– Teeth that are heavily worn down could be a sign of bruxism.
– Tooth enamel that has been worn down could be a sign of bruxism.
– An increase in tooth sensitivity could be a sign of bruxism.
– Jaw pain, face pain, and dull headaches could be signs of bruxism.
– Indentations on your tongue or damage to your inner cheek tissue caused by your teeth could be signs of bruxism.
– A locked jaw that cannot open or close completely could be a sign of bruxism.
Our office has a highly-qualified team to help you fight bruxism. If you would like an appointment with Dr. Chadwick Webster to discuss treatment options, please contact a member of our team at 918-307-0307. Our office is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for!